Visual Interdev is a complete programming environment for the Internet - think of it as a Visual C++ package, but for web technologies such as HTML, VBScript & Jscript and ASP. It is a compliment to Microsoft's other Visual programming tools. Visual Interdev 6.0 includes a huge range of features, including:
- Mechanisms for intergrating with Databases
- A range of tools for site development and administration
- Mechanisms for allowing easy code re-use
- A solid Scripting Object Model for HTML & scripting
- Design Time Controls (DTCs), which automate design tasks such as setting up tables on a web page linked to a DB
Most importantly, it is designed to enable the complete set-up and testing of a web development project in a fairly trouble free way. VI 6.0 also streamlines maintenance & admin and allows most tasks to be carried out remotely, i.e., from the developer's physical machine, rather than the web server machine itself.