From the mouth of the master comes a fascinating Question & Answer session with some of our Fatbrain.com team. .
This book profiles top Web designers and programmers in order to demystify and analyze how they make decisions, solve complex issues, and create exceptional Web sites. Adding his voice and digital design teaching experiences to the book, artist and journalist Jon Warren Lentz offers insights and analysis from his list of favorite Web sites. He walks you through how to read and understand the source code for each page, break down all of the technical elements, and describes the inside details straight from the designers and programmers who created the pages. This conversational and information-rich guide offers insight into Web design that is not found through any other means. Profiles of successful Web designers, programmers, photographers, and illustrators offer a forum where these talented individuals can share their tips, techniques, and recommendations. You'll bring your own Web design skills to a higher level through studying their experiences and working through the step-by-step tutorials and examples.
This book is for you, if you want to learn about:
- Information architecture, aesthetics, and brainstorming
- Image compression techniques and tools
- Computer color theory and science
- Tables for alignment
- Frames for navigation and alignment
- Animated GIFs
- Invisible GIFs
- Explanations to Macromedia's Flash Animator and Macromedia Director
- Extensive, step-by-step Photoshop tutorials
- Intros to Dynamic HTML (DHTML), DreamWeaver, and CSS
- Site planning and development cycles