Is your UNIX system to do list dragging you down? Learn to administer your distributed systems effectively with this survey of team procedures for the enterprise. Then automate the administration with the author's SAmatrix - a complete tool kit that automates common UNIX administration tasks.
System task solutions are presented for each of the five enterprise modules:
- Software module - basic kernel and shell programming, files systems, and application management
- Hardware module - device driver management, peripheral hardware installation, and hardware maintenance
- Network module - network set-ups on UNIX machines and a performance test kit
- Security module - shell scripts and utilities for system security
- Operations module - information dissemination for users throughout the enterprise
The companion disk contains SAmatrix, which is a UNIX administration matrix written in C++ to handle your typical administration duties automatically - and to put that to do list in line!
Author Biography: John Wetsch was granted a Ph.D. for his development of the SAmatrix. He is an accomplished UNIX system administrator and C/C++ programmer, who has worked with other administrators in the field validating his practical methods.