Hardly a week goes by without a report of some hacker, disgruntled employee, or techno-thief breaking into a computer systemvandalizing Web sites, stealing confidential data, compromising trade secrets, or worse. Much more than merely troublesome or inconvenient, these unauthorized incursions often spell disaster for businesses.
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO INTERNET SECURITY offers a behind-the-scenes guided tour through the field of information security for IT professionals, systems analysts, CIOs, programmers, and anyone intent on making their computer system more secure. Practical and easy to understand, this indispensable guide covers:
- Inherent vulnerabilities of Internet protocol-attached networks
- Weaknesses of e-commerce sites
- Attacks from within the company
- Common hacker tools
- Costly consequences of security breaches
- Physical and logical system security, including firewalls, routers, proxies, access controls, intrusion detection, and policy-based networking
- Commercial security software
- Cryptography, and more.