What Alison's book offers over other books in that she is able to take a highly technical topic and present it in a manner that is easy to comprehend. It is a book that the reader will often want to read from cover to cover, but it can also act as an excellent reference. Readers of this book will learn:Access 11 application development and real-world solutions to specific development and programming problems.Professional programming techniques backed by concise, no-nonsense explanations of the underlying theories.Debugging and troubleshooting methods to solve problems quickly and get stalled development projects back on track.
Table of Contents:
I. THE BASICS OF ACCESS DEVELOPMENT. 1. Access as a Development Tool.
2. What Every Developer Needs to Know About Databases and Tables.
3. Relationships: Your Key to Data Integrity.
4. What Every Developer Needs to Know About Query Basics.
5. What Every Developer Needs to Know About Forms.
6. What Every Developer Needs to Know About Reports.
7. VBA: An Introduction.
8. Objects, Properties, Methods, and Events Explained.
9. Advanced Form Techniques.
10. Advanced Report Techniques.
11. Advanced Query Techniques.
12. Advanced VBA Techniques.
13. Exploiting the Power of Class Modules.
14. What Are ActiveX Data Objects and Data Access Objects and Why Are They Important?
II. WHAT TO DO WHEN THINGS DON'T GO AS PLANNED. 15. Debugging: Your Key to Successful Development.
16. Error Handling: Preparing for the Inevitable.
17. Optimizing Your Application.
III. DEVELOPING MULTIUSER AND ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS. 18. A Strategy to Developing Access Applications.
19. Using External Data.
20. Developing Multiuser and Enterprise Applications.
IV. BLACK BELT PROGRAMMING. 21. Using ActiveX Controls.
22. Automation: Communicating with Other Applications.
23. Exploiting the Power of the Windows API.
24. Creating Your Own Libraries.
25. Using Builders, Wizards, and Menu Add-Ins.
26. An Introduction to Access and the Internet/Intranet.
V. ADDING POLISH TO YOUR APPLICATION. 27. Database Security Made Easy.
28. Advanced Security Techniques.
29. Documenting Your Application.
30. Maintaining Your Application.
31. Third-Party Tools That Can Help You To Get Your Job Done Effectively.
32. Distributing Your Application.
VI. APPENDICES. Appendix A. Table Structures.
Appendix B. Naming Conventions.