New from the official RSA Press, this expert resource explains how to design and deploy security successfully across your enterpriseand keep unauthorized users out of your network. You'll get full coverage of VPNs and intrusion detection systems, plus real-world case studies.
Apply the latest security technology to real-world corporate and external applications
Design a secure solution from start to finish and learn the principles needed for developing solid network architecture using this authoritative guide. You'll find hands-on coverage for deploying a wide range of solutions, including network partitioning, platform hardening, application security and more. Get details on common security practices, standards, and guidelines and learn proven implementation techniques from case studies discussed in each chapter. Written by recognized experts and endorsed by RSA Security Inc., the most trusted name in e-security, this comprehensive and practical security guide is your essential tool for planning and implementing a safe and reliable enterprise network.
This book will show you how to:
- Develop an information classification and access control plan
- Use the appropriate security policies and technology to best meet your security requirements
- Comprehend security infrastructure design principles
- Utilize appropriate security technology in the most secure method
- Fully understand the tradeoffs between usability and liability
- Ensure complete network security across multiple systems, applications, hosts, and devices
- Develop and apply policies, assess risks, and understand requirements for running security-specific technology
- Work with and configure IDS, VPN, PKI, and firewalls
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Business and Application Drivers (Case Study).
Chapter 2: Security Polices, Standards, and Guidelines.
Chapter 3: Information Classification and Access Control Plan.
Chapter 4: Applying the Policies to Derive the Requirements.
Chapter 5: Security Infrastructure Design Principles.
Chapter 6: Network Partitioning.
Chapter 7: Virtual Private Networks.
Chapter 8: Wireless Security.
Chapter 9: Platform Hardening.
Chapter 10: Intrusion Detection Systems.
Chapter 11: Application Security.
Chapter 12: PKI: Components and Applications.
Chapter 13: Security Event Management and Consolidation.
Chapter 14: Security Management.
Chapter 15: Validation and Maturity.