CIM Access ISDN helps you master the commands, protocols, and features necessary to deploy and manage ISDN networks and is an excellent preparation tool for the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) exams.
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ISDN routers and access servers on virtual internetworking devices
- Reinforce ISDN connection configuration methodologies through simulated lab exercises
- Master PPP authentication, Multilink PPP, dialer profile, virtual profile, and NAT troubleshooting techniques developed by Cisco Technical Assistance Center engineers
- Understand terminology, concepts, and functional components of ISDN technologies
- Gain instant access to Cisco IOS software commands, hyperlinked references, hints and solutions, technical tips, configuration examples, network topologies, and pop quizzes
- Solid preparation for the CCNP or CCIE certification exams with the most robust network simulation product
Six Interactive Tutorials Plus Configuration and Challenge Labs
Master CiscoBest Practices
- ISDN technology fundamentals, configuring Basic Rate Interface (BRI) and Primary Rate Interface (PRI) connections, and troubleshooting typical ISDN problems
- Concepts of PPP and PPP authentication, configuring and troubleshooting PPP authentication using PAP and CHAP
- Using Multilink PPP to support bandwidth on demand
- Using dialer profiles and how they are different from legacy dial-on-demand routing
- Associating a customized profile, called a virtual profile, with one or more remote users
- Operation and benefits of the five different kinds of Network Address Translation (NAT)
With CIM Access ISDN, you can gain a practical understanding of the Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) protocol. Offering self-paced instruction and practice, this robust learning tool gives you a quick and cost-effective way to acquire Cisco knowledge and expertise. From an overview of ISDN terminology, concepts, and components to routing and bridging with Cisco 1000 series routers and AS5200 access servers, you will learn the Cisco IOS® software commands related to ISDN and how to establish ISDN connections and implement important related features. Based on techniques developed by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center engineers, you will practice configuring and troubleshooting ISDN connections, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) authentication using Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) and Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP), as well as applying other ISDN technology features within Cisco access servers and routers.
Interactive Simulation Environment
CIM Access ISDN places you in a simulated network environment without any network connections. You work with virtual Cisco series routers and access servers, developing your networking skills without the costly investment in actual network hardware. Each tutorial includes a Telnet session and a network topology that illustrates the network design in each lab exercise, helping you to visualize, verify and troubleshoot your configurations.
Self-Paced Anytime, Anywhere Learning
You control the pace of learning. You can go through the tutorials, Challenge and Configuration Labs in any order, depending on what you want to learn or practice next. Optional audio and video guides supplement the instructions on screen. Hyperlinks connect you to a glossary and context-sensitive Cisco IOS® software command references. A Cisco Dial Access Configuration Cookbook provides detailed configuration examples for modems, 1000 series ISDN routers, as well as, 1600, 2500, 3600, 4000 routers and AS5200 and AS5300 series access servers. Technical tips reinforce your growing knowledge, quizzes allow you to assess your progress, and network topology diagrams illustrate application of your configuration and troubleshooting methodologies. This robust combination of technology tutorials, simulated lab exercises, descriptive network topologies, audio and video guides, hyperlinked references, and quizzes results in a superior learning product and provides you with what matters mostactual hands-on networking experience.