Despite its intuitive interface, Final Cut Pro still requires craft and skill to use well.
This full-color book provides a hands-on, practical guide to all aspects of editing digital movies, with an emphasis on the kinds of tips, tricks, and shortcuts that professionals rely on to quickly get polished results.
Whether you're approaching Final Cut Pro from a purely creative angle or from a more corporate perspective, whether you're an emerging filmmaker or a seasoned vet, Final Cut Pro 3 and the Art of Filmmaking gives you the insights, information, and lessons you'll need to complete tasks that film editors face every day, including:
* Mastering Final Cut Pro 3's new features, such as Voice Over, G4 Real-Time Effects, Titling, QuickView, and more
* Editing clips in the Timeline
* Creating transitions and complex overlays
* Adding effects, applying filters, and working with text
* Using the audio tools to make your film sound as good as it looks
* Readying your finished product for delivery--on the Internet, on videotape, or on DVD
In the course of this book, you'll learn shooting tips designed to help later in the edit room. You'll also hear from experienced editors on how they're using Final Cut Pro to capture the immediacy that digital video makes possible, while meeting the twin challenges of limited time and money.
Note: Our thanks to Ken Stone for his Final Cut Pro expertise. Ken has an excellent online resource center that we encourage you to visit: www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_homepage_index.html