|Principles of Digital Audio, 4th Edition
by Pohlmann, Ken C.
Cover Price: $54.95
Online Price: $40.66
You save $14.29 (26%)
Published February 2000; Paperback; 736 pages
All Sections > Multimedia > Digital Video
Please see ISBN 0071441565 for 5th Edition
Summary:Ken Pohlmann's ClassicCompletely Updated
From the basics to the cutting edge, Ken Pohlmann's Principles of Digital Audio is packed with vital information. Through three editions, this popular text has illuminated the frontiers of digital audio science. Now this completely updated and substantially revised Fourth Edition brings you the tools you need to capitalize on the explosive expansion of digital audio technologies.
Widely used as a college text, and as a professional reference by computer and audio designers and enthusiasts, this comprehensive and highly readable sourcebook helps you:
- Stay up-to-speed in a fast-moving field
- Enter or advance a career in digital audio design, new media development, music recording, sound engineering, broadcasting, and related areas
- Master the newest options in DVD, Internet and PC audio, compact disc, workstations, perceptual coding, digital radio, digital television, and more
- Get insider information on new developments available nowhere else
- Apply creative new insights on theory and applications
- Understand complex material through crystal-clear presentations from an award-winning professor and leading digital audio engineer
The premier information source in the field, Principles of Digital Audio is the #1 choice of digital audio professionals.
New In This Editon
- Internet and PC Audio Technologies
- Downloadable and Streaming Music
- Data Compression Standards
- Multichannel Audio Coding
- Digital Broadcasting
- Interconnection and Networking
- DSP Updates
- Additional Chapters and Illustrations
Table of Contents:
- Preface to the Fourth Edition.
- Chapter 1: Sound and Numbers.
- Chapter 2: Fundamentalks of Digital Audio.
- Chapter 3: Digital Audio Recording.
- Chapter 4: Digital Audio Reproduction.
- Chapter 5: Error Correction.
- Chapter 6: Magnetic Tape Storage.
- Chapter 7: Digital Audio Tape (DAT).
- Chapter 8: Optical Disk Storage.
- Chapter 9: The Compact Disc.
- Chapter 10: Perceptual Coding.
- Chapter 11: DVD.
- Chapter 12: The MiniDisc.
- Chapter 13: Interconnection.
- Chapter 14: PC Audio.
- Chapter 15: Internet Audio.
- Chapter 16: Digital Radio and Television Broadcasting.
- Chapter 17: Digital Signal Processing.
- Chapter 18: Sigma-Delta Coversion and Noise Shaping.